At Mugged Write Off we take a passion in taking steps to create a more environmentally-friendly business to limit our impact on the planet.
Here's how we are reducing our carbon footprint and making changes to become greener;
1. Eco-Friendly Printing - Our printing technique is the most environmentally friendly, sustainable process possible in garment printing and production. It produces ZERO waste! Because the process involves turning a solid directly to a gas, there is no water needed for dyeing. The paper that is used is also recyclable, which in turn reduces greenhouse gas emissions. It takes 70% less energy and water to recycle paper than to create new paper from trees
2. Recyclable Packaging - With more and more purchases being made online, packaging is an unavoidable part of everyday life. It is vital to us that it not only protects products, preserves them and allows for safe transportation but we like to ensure that is fully recyclable without compromising delivery or the impact on the planet. Some items just don’t have an eco-friendly alternative, and we are currently finding the nearest protection to bubble wrap, but for now we have found many ways to reduce the use.
3. Paperless - Many businesses have already taken steps to achieve a ‘paperless’ status. We prefer to store documents on protected computer databases or in the cloud, and we email clients instead of sending letters and our packing flyers are made from recycled paper. Invoices are printed, if necessary, on recycled paper.
4. Turning Off - Our new studio has auto shutoff lights and sockets, meaning when they are not in use out of hours, they all shut off. We also have a habit of turning them off whenever they’re not in use and we switch to hibernation mode if we ever pop into the Holy Cow for Lunch! With bright white walls to reflect the light, we leave our blinds open in the day to let in as much light as possible. Not only is this great for the planet, but it has a whole host of benefits for us humans too, from increasing exposure to sunlight and, therefore, vitamin D, to boosting mental wellbeing.
5. Laptops - This was great news to us! Laptops use less energy, so they’ll not only make it easier to work from many locations, but they'll also have a positive impact on the environment too.
6. Commute - Living locally, we enjoy walking or riding a bicycle to the studio most days. Not only does this have a myriad of benefits, including improved cognitive function, better sleep, improved health, but this also causes a reduction in pollution. Our courier parcel collections are based on a three day week to create a low pollution level.